The cream used as filling in macarons
Salt Caramel Cream
This cream has a nice taste combination. The sweet caramel flavour, against the subdued salty flavour, go well together. A cream that fits as a complement to several types of cakes.
100 g heavy cream
125 g sugar
115 g butter
4 g of salt
- Melt sugar in a thick-bottomed saucepan on medium-heat. NB! Do not use non-stick saucepan because then the sugar will crystallize. Stir with a wooden spoon occasionally to get a caramel of consistent golden brown colour. If you heat it too much, the sugar will burn and you get a bitter taste.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan or in the micro.
- Pull the saucepan with the caramel of the heat and gently pour the warm cream into the caramel. Stir fast all the time until everything is well mixed.
- Cool the mixture a few degrees and whip into the mixture small cubes of butter.
- Then put in the salt and stir well.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a bowl and cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
Salt caramel cream use: Macaron filling or other cakes
Allergy: Gluten-free. Not lactose free unless you use lactose-free cream. Those with extremely lactose intolerant, you must use lactose-free butter.