This is a simple salmon soup, that is quick to make
Salmon is healthy and contains many good nutrients. This is a simple salmon soup, that is quick to make. It is a good way to get the very healthy salmon. Salmon soup tastes lovely and are well suited for the everyday dinner. In addition, you get some vegetables. That means you can also count at least two out of five recommended vegetables in this soup. The recipe gives 4-5 servings. It provides dinner for 2, or 3 if you serve it with bread. Health authorities around the world recommend that you eat at least 200-300 grams of fish per week. Oily fish, such as salmon, are especially recommended.
400 g salmon fillet
1 leek (or spring onion)
3 medium sized potatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil
5 dl broth (chicken or fish) alternatively only water
4 dl milk
1 dl half and half cream
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ lemon (juice)
Others to your liking
2 tablespoons fresh chives
Smoked salmon in strips
- Cut the fish fillet into smaller equally sized cubes.
- Finely chop the onion, and cut the carrot into roughly same sized pieces, as well as the leek into rings.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan, add the vegetables and simmer until the onion is shiny.
- Add broth (or water) and milk. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a stick blender and run the soup as smoothly as you want it. (Can be omitted if you want more texture)
- Add the salmon and let it poach in the soup for 5-6 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and egg yolk, and stir it into the soup. Make sure that the soup does not boil after this.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. As well as alternative spices at your liking.
Served: Sprinkle over some chives and smoked salmon. Good bread or flatbread goes well with this soup
Allergy: Gluten free. Lactose-free if you use lactose-free milk and cream. High FODMAP. There is high FODMAP contents in onion, and the white part of the leek. If you replace all the onion with a green part of the leek, you reduce the soup to low FODMAP.
Health benefits of eating salmon: Salmon benefits
Why do the health authorities recommend eating fish: Fish