Raspberry jelly made from scratch have a taste of genuine and pure raspberries
To make your own raspberry jelly from scratch is much easier than many thinks. If you have all the ingredients, you make a raspberry jelly in less than 10 minutes. Of course, you have to wait for it to set. Nevertheless, it is the taste that makes the difference! Raspberry jelly made from scratch cannot be compare with the taste of semi-finished products and finished products. The jellies have a taste of genuine and pure raspberries.
400 g of raspberries
3 dl water
125 caster sugar
5-6 gelatine leaves. (Depending on whether you get 5-6 dl fluid)
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for approx. 2 minutes.
- Pour the water, sugar and raspberries in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes. With a potato masher or similar, you then mash the berries. Let it cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the juice and the berries through a sieve into a litre measure.
- Now squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves and put them in the juice. Stir until all the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour the raspberry jelly into a large mould that holds approx. 0.5 to 0.6 litres, or small portion sizes moulds. The recipe enough for 6-8 small portion moulds. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until the raspberry jelly has set.
Served: With whipped cream and custard. See separate recipe for custard; Custard
Allergy: Gluten- and lactose free. Low FODMAP
I only use Gelita gelatine. Read more about Gelita here: GELITA
Lactose-free products read more at: ARLA