Oat bar with apple puree are filling and are relatively healthy.
Oat bars with jam
Baking your own energy bar is easy. In addition to that you decide the taste, and content. Here I make oat bar with apple puree. Oat bar with jam tastes juicy, they are filling and are relatively healthy. You can of course replace apple puree with any jam you want. Thus, you can vary the taste according to your own wishes, and what you like best. Energy content per oat bar with this recipe, where you get 24 pcs. about. 147 kcal. This depends a bit on the jam you use and how much sugar there is in it. Recommend using a jam with as much fruit as possible, if you do not make the jam yourself. Something most of us do not bother with, even if it is relatively simple.
4.5 dl spelled flour
2 dl demerara sugar
200 g butter
2 dl rolled oats
About. 2.5 dl apples jam or puree
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
About. 35-40 g cold butter
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor. Run the machine until you get a crumbled but dry dough.
- Add oats and cinnamon. Run the machine until everything is good and mixed. You now fill half of the mixture in a baking tin that is square. Press the mixture down firmly with your hands until you get a firm bottom. You must have the baking tin lined with baking paper beforehand. The smaller the shape, the higher the oat bars you get. I used a form of 22 x 31 cm, which gave 24 pcs. with a height of approx. 2 cm.
- Next, you spread as evenly as possible, the apple puree. You can make your own apple puree, but it has to be without lumps, or buy a good quality apple puree with lots of apples.
- Sprinkle over the last half of the crumbled dough.
- Finish by tearing over a little cold butter.
Bake: 160 ° C for 40-45 minutes.
Cool the oat bars completely in the mould before you take them out. Then divide them into appropriate sizes. Put them so in the fridge approx. 1 hour. You can now eat them as they are. They stay nice in a tight box in the fridge for a few days. They can also be frozen.
Served: Great for breakfast, lunch or just as a healthy snack.
Allergy: Gluten. You can try gluten-free flour. They may be a little too loose, but I haven`t to tested it. Lactose free. There is only a little lactose in the butter, and it is tolerated by most people. High FODMAP due to apple puree. Therefore, switch to another low FODMP jam such as strawberries or rhubarb.