This is a tasty soup with a lot of mushrooms
In this recipe you get a rich and creamy mushroom soup. It is a tasty soup with a lot of mushrooms. The onion, the broth and the mushrooms mean that in this soup you have a lot of umami taste. It is a relatively easy soup to make, although it does take some time. It is the time that develops the taste, so if you shorten the cooking time, you will lose some of the depth. You can also use the type of mushroom you want, and what is in season. Nevertheless, you should use some dried mushrooms, as it helps to give richness. The recipe gives dinner for 2 pcs. or an appetizer for 6 pcs.
2 cloves garlic
1 yellow onion (medium)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper (ground, crushed)
3 tablespoons spelled flour / wheat flour
2 tablespoons soy sauce
50 g butter
35 g dried mushrooms (chanterelle or other type)
350-400 g fresh mushrooms (mixture of what you get)
9 dl chicken broth (alternatively a little weak chicken bouillon)
3 dl water for the dried mushrooms (should give approx. 2 dl filtered water)
1 ½ dl d cream
1 ½ – 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (chervil, thyme, sage or whatever you like)
A little olive oil
Mushroom soup directions:
- Start by boiling 3 dl of water. Put the dried mushrooms in a fireproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Leave to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the yellow onion, crush the garlic and cut it up as well. Cut the fresh mushrooms into suitable pieces. Now put the butter in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Put on medium heat and add in onions, garlic and fresh mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let it all simmer on medium heat for a 10-12 minutes. Until the onion and mushrooms are soft.
- Now strain off the dried mushrooms. Take care of the strainer water. You may need to strain this twice to get rid of impurities. Often it can contain a little sand etc. Roughly chop this mushroom. Put it in the pot. Then sprinkle on flour, and stir well so that all the flour is evenly distributed.
- Add the chicken broth and the strained mushroom water from the mushrooms, as well as the herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Do not be impatient. The cooking time allows the flavours to develop.
- Put about ½ of the soup in a blender, and run it until it is completely smooth. Pour it back into the saucepan.
- Pour in cream. Warm up. Season with more pepper / salt if necessary.
Mushroom soup served: Immediately and serve with a good loaf of bread. Sprinkle with a little olive oil.
Allergy: Gluten-free if you use gluten-free flour. Lactose-free if you use lactose-free cream. High FODMAP content.
Read more about mushroom: Mushroom
What’s umami: Umami