They can be prepared many hours before serving, and are thus an excellent dessert for guests.
Lemon mousse cheesecakes
These mini lemon mousse cheesecakes are decorative, easy to make and taste delicious. They can be prepared many hours before serving, and are thus an excellent dessert for guests. Mini lemon mousse cheesecake tastes fresh of lemon. Lemon mousse is velvety smooth and goes perfectly with the oat biscuits. The velvety soft and crispy biscuits provide a nice contrast. This is a hearty dessert, so the recipe should be fine for four small portions, or even more if you want smaller portions than does in the picture.
1.5 dl of heavy cream
1.5 dl sugar
125 g natural cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1.5 dl lemon curd – see separate recipe: Lemon curd
Yellow food colouring (can be omitted, but gives a nicer colour)
100 g oat biscuits (alternatively digestive or another type of biscuit)
1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
40 g of butter
- If you want to make lemon curd yourself. Start with this, so it cools completely down to room temperature.
- Process the oat biscuits in a food processor, or crush them in a plastic bag etc. Set aside.
- Whisk together cheese, sugar and lemon curd. If you want a stronger yellow colour, you add food colouring at this point, and whip this in.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until light and stiff. Now fold the whipped cream into the cheese and lemon cream mixture.
- Melt butter in a suitable bowl and add sugar.
- Stir well so that the sugar dissolves.
- Add in 7-8 tablespoons of the crushed oat biscuits. Mix well.
- Add 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons of the oat biscuits in suitable portion forms. Press it down lightly so that it becomes a little firmer.
- Pour lemon mousse into a piping bag. This makes it easier to achieve a nicer result, but not necessary if you don’t want to.
- Fill up the lemon mousse in the portion forms.
- Cover them with plastic wrap or similar. Put them in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Served: Garnish as you wish with lemon slices, candied lemons, lemon balm and some of the crushed oat biscuits.
Allergy: Gluten. Easily made gluten-free by using gluten-free biscuits. Lactose. Easily made lactose-free by using lactose-free cream and lactose-free cream cheese. If you make it lactose-free, you get low FODMAP.
Lemon is healthy and a natural preservative. Read more about lemon’s many properties: Lemon
Read more about the lemon’s health-promoting effects: Lemon benefits