The perfect everyday dinner, because it is ready in about 30 minutes
Green pea soup
Green pea soup tastes delicious, and almost needs no preparing. The soup is ready in about 30 minutes. Therefore the perfect everyday dinner. Although it is an everyday soup, it is well suited as a small first course. Green pea soup is a good soup by itself, but with a few small additions, you can make the soup a lot more exiting. Garnish with a little crisp cured ham, some green spring onions, crème fraiche and a few drops of good quality balsamic vinegar. Then you transformed a one-dimensional everyday soup to an utterly exquisite soup. Dinner for 2-3 people, or appetizer 4-5.
500 g green frozen peas
1 garlic clove
6 dl chickens / or other clear broth
2-3 tablespoons butter
1.5 dl dry / semi-dry white wine (optional, and can be replaced with more broth)
Possibly a little freshly squeezed lemon juice
Spring onion (finely cut)
Directions: Green pea soup
- Start by finely chop the onion and garlic. Sauté the onions and garlic with a little butter in a suitable saucepan. Fry until it becomes slightly shiny and the raw onion taste disappears, it just takes a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peas and broth. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour everything into a blender or use a stick blender. Run until the soup becomes smooth. If you want the soup even more velvety and elegant, sift through a sieve.
- Pour the soup back into the saucepan, and warm up.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add a little lemon juice if the soup lacks a little acidity.
Green pea soup served: Pour into soup bowls. If desired, accompanied with some bread.
Garnish: With a small dollop of crème fraiche, sprinkle over some spring onions and crispy ham.
Allergy: Not lactose free if you do not use lactose free crème fraiche. High on FODMAP.
You rarely get fresh peas, if you do not grow them yourself. Read more about peas and how healthy they are: Pea