It is incredibly healthy and contains lots of good nutrients
Fried cauliflower rice
Fried cauliflower rice is a quick and filling dish. It is incredibly healthy and contains lots of good nutrients. In this dish you have low carbohydrates, low in fat, there are few calories, a lot of fibres and vitamins. In addition to all these health properties, fried cauliflower rice tastes fabulously good. At the same time, it’s a cheap dinner. I highly recommend that you use extra virgin olive oil for frying in this dish. Olive oil is an important part of the Mediterranean diet. It is well documented that the Mediterranean diet has a very beneficial effect on cardiovascular disease. In addition, olive oil adds a little more flavour, which suits well with this dish. The recipe gives dinner for 3-4 pieces.
2 small cauliflower heads (approx. 650-700 g)
½ small onion
90-100 g bacon cubes (can be omitted for pure vegetarian, or exchanged with shrimp, chicken, etc.)
200 g green peas
1 small box of canned corn
4 small eggs (3 large eggs)
1 – ½ tsp. Chili Pepper (finely ground)
½ tsp. Turmeric
Some single cream
Herbs to your liking
Fried cauliflower rice directions
- First, start by making the cauliflower rice. Cut the cauliflower into coarse pieces and place them in a blender. Run until you get a nice rice, but do not for too long (otherwise you get mash). Set aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Finely chop the onion, cook the peas and corn together for a few minutes in a saucepan. Set aside. Whisk together eggs with a little cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour some olive oil in a suitably large saucepan (Everything will be made in one saucepan). On medium heat, first fry the bacon until golden, then add the onion. Fry for another 2-3 minutes until it becomes shiny and soft. Set it aside.
- Add more olive oil. Add the cauliflower rice and cook for a few minutes. Stir and turn constantly. Make a small hole in the rice down to the bottom of the pan, and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until it starts to get a little firm. Then you stir it together with the cauliflower rice. Continue to fry and stir until the egg mixture is cooked through in the cauliflower.
- Now add bacon, onions, peas, corn.
- Then add spices, but be careful with salt as the bacon is also salty. Stir well until everything is mixed and heated through.
Fried cauliflower rice served: Immediately and warm. Garnish with herbs for taste, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Sesame seeds give both taste, crunch and flavour.
Allergy: Gluten and lactose free. High FODMAP. There is high FODMAP in cauliflower, onions and peas. Hence it’s not possible to make this dish with low FODMAP
Read more about the health benefits of cauliflower: Benefits of cauliflowerLenketekst
Read more about cauliflower: Cauliflower
Read more about the healthy Mediterranean diet: Mediterranean diet