Fried bananas is easy to make
Fried bananas are a classic Chinese dish. Served at most Chinese restaurants. Relatively simple and quick to make – as most dishes in Chinese cuisine. This is one of my favourite desserts, and I can never resist ordering it when I am out on Chinese restaurants. However, you can make it just as well at home. In addition, you get one of the five fruits and vegetables in this dessert. It’s still stretching it a little too far to say it’s a healthy dessert Recipe for two people.
1 banana (well ripped but firm)
Vanilla ice-cream or flavour to your liking (preferably homemade)
Some whipped cream
Bright type of syrup, maple syrup, caramel sauce or acacia honey
125 g plain flour
50 g cornstarch flour
3 teaspoons baking powder (10g)
2.0 ml lukewarm water (40-45 ° C)
0.5 ml lukewarm soda
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
6-7 dl rapeseed oil for frying
Directions fried bananas:
- Mix all ingredients for the frying batter together with a mixer, until the mixture is smooth in the same manner as you make pancake batter.
- Heat the frying oil to approximately 180 degrees. If you do not own a fryer or digital cooking thermometer, you can see whether the oil is hot enough by adding a small piece of bread. When this sizzles and turns golden brown within 40-45 seconds, the oil is hot enough.
- Slice the banana into four parts, first lengthwise and then crosswise. Flip the bananas in the frying batter.
- Then put them in the frying oil and fry until golden brown. Takes about 8-10 min.
- Pick up the bananas with a slotted spoon. Estimate 2 half bananas for each person. If you are serving more than two peoples, do not fry more than one whole banana at a time.
Fried bananas served: Immediately while hot along with a scoop of ice cream, a little cream and syrup, caramel sauce or acacia honey aftertaste. You can also garnish with a little powdered sugar and lemon balm. Want to make your own caramel sauce see separate recipe here on Coquere.
Allergy: Not lactose-free, if you do not use lactose free cream and ice cream. Not gluten-free, but replace the wheat flour with tapioca flour -for a gluten-free version. Tapioca flour is extensively used in frying batter specially in Asian cocking. FODMAP; bananas have a low content, but because of the wheat flour and lactose the dish have a high content. Make it both gluten-free and lactose-free and reduce to a low FODMAP content.
Why is it healthy to eat bananas: Benefits of bananas