Clear chicken soup has loads of flavour
Clear chicken soup
This recipe gives you a lovely clear chicken soup. It has loads of flavour, and contains many healthy antioxidants. Onions, chicken broth and ginger have known anti-inflammatory effects. Chili is said to improve metabolism. This is a soup with low calories, fat and carbs, but high on proteins. In other words, this clear chicken soup tastes incredibly but in addition, it is also good for your health. Recipe that provides 4-5 servings.
500 g chicken fillet
100 g celeriac
15 g fresh ginger (about 2 cm.)
1 small yellow onion or ½ large onion
about 1/5 garlic (Chinese type)
½ jalapeno or other chili (more if you want stronger)
12 dl chickens broth
2 dl cider, apple juice or a semi dry white wine
1 teaspoon sugar
- Start by peeling and cutting up carrot and celery root julienne; i.e. to small sticks of matchstick size. Set aside.
- Cut very finely the jalapeno, garlic and onion into small cubes. Sauté it all together in a frying pan with a little butter and oil until the onion gets translucent. Set aside.
- Peel the ginger and cut into very small pieces.
- Cut the chicken fillets into cubes of 1×1 cm. Fry them quickly in a frying pan without browning. NB! Be sure to fry in batches so that the chicken do not begin to boil in the pan.
- Put the chicken into a suitable saucepan and pour over chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 4 – 5 minutes. Clean impurities that gradually rises to float on top, until it becomes clear.
- Add the celery and let it simmer with chicken in 5 minutes.
- Now put in carrot, jalapeno, garlic, onion and ginger. Leave it to simmer for about 10 minute’s time.
- Chop leek into rings and add to the soup.
- Add the cider and let the soup come to a boil a final time.
- Add the sugar and season with salt to your taste.
Served: Warm with good bread. Sprinkle with a little parsley for both flavour and garnish. If you like: garnish also with sliced radish.
Allergy: Gluten- and lactose free. High on FODMAP due to the onions. Refrain from garlic, onion, and use only the green part of leeks, and you get a low content of FODMAP.