Mirror-glazed chocolate cake with two types of filling.
In this recipe you have a juicy chocolate cake with an intense and powerful chocolate taste. You will get a slightly compact cake, but which will not feel dry, if you do not overdo the baking very much. One of the secrets to making the cake so juicy is an ingredient that will probably be strange to some. In this cake you have mayonnaise, and this contributes to both an emulsifying function with eggs and butter, at the same time it contributes to the juicy taste. You will still not feel any taste of mayonnaise in the cake. Coffee enhances the taste of chocolate, and also does not give a distinct coffee taste.
This cake is versatile. You can fill it with different types of fillings. If you use a mirror glaze, this will be a luxurious confectionery cake for the more special occasions. This chocolate cake can still be a juicy cake for any occasion depending on the filling and decoration. In the cake in the picture, I have filled it with two types of filling, both chocolate buttercream and vanilla cream. In addition to that I have used a mirror glaze. You will find links to all items further down in the recipe.
3.5 dl spelled flour
2.4 dl cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
225 g butter
3.5 dl sugar
1.2 dl mayonnaise
3.5 dl strong coffee
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl, except the sugar. Mix everything well together.
- Put room temperature butter in a bowl and whisk it until you get a fluffy cream.
- Add sugar, and whisk until butter and sugar becomes white.
- Now add the mayonnaise and whisk everything well until you get a creamy mixture.
- Then beat in one egg at a time. It is important that you only have one egg at a time until this is well mixed in, otherwise the batter will separate.
- Add the dry ingredients in the butter mixture. It can be an advantage to whisk in little by little, then you avoid standing in a dust cloud of flour and cocoa.
- When everything is well stirred in, carefully pour in the coffee and whisk until everything is a well-mixed batter. I.e., the rule of thumb is dry in butter mixture, and wet in the end. It will be advantageous to use two identical moulds. It can suitable with moulds from 20-22 cm in diameter.
Bake: Preheated oven at 160 ° C in the middle of the oven at approx. 40-45 min if you use 2 forms of 22 cm. The cakes are ready when you just get out a dry baking stick.
If you want a really nice cake, you can mirror glaze the cake. This increases the degree of difficulty significantly, and requires a lot more preparation. See separate recipe for chocolate mirror glazing: Chocolate mirror glaze
Allergy: Gluten. Lactose free. There is some lactose in the butter, but the total amount in each piece of cake will be so small that it is considered lactose free. Low FODMAP
Read more about cocoa beans and chocolate makingcocoa beans
Read more about the health benefits of dark chocolate used in this recipe Health benefits of chocolate