Chicken Quesadillas served hot – taste just fabulous.
Quesadilla is a Mexican dish traditionally filled with cheese and other fillings. At the same time, you put in some salsa or dressing. Quesadilla is quick and easy to make. In Mexican cuisine, they are mainly served as lunch or a lighter meal. You can fill them with everything at your liking and imagination. In this recipe, you have a suggestion of chicken and other flavours that go well together. Served hot with the melted cheese inside, they taste just fabulous. Her recipe that gives four small pieces. Suitable from 2 – 4 people
300 g chicken fillet sliced or diced (about 150-190 g finished grilled/fried chicken)
140 g bacon in cubes
2 dl grated good cheese
1-2 tablespoons honey mustard e.g. Dijon from Maille (can be omitted) or any other dressing you like
1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs parsley, estragon and the like.
2 big tortillas
Directions: Chicken Quesadillas
- If necessary, start frying the chicken and the bacon. Set aside.
- Use a large frying pan of 28 cm. Have some butter on your frying pan, or a lot of butter if you wish. Melt on medium heat. Place a tortilla in the frying pan.
- Sprinkle over approx. ½ portion of the cheese. Then spread the chicken and bacon evenly.
- Drisle over the mustard if it is to your liking. Sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs and the rest of the cheese.
- Put the other tortilla on top. Press the tortilla slightly down. When the tortilla has been golden, turn it and add eventually more butter. Fry it on the other side until that also gets light golden surface, and the quesadilla is finished.
Quesadilla with the filling, before the second cheese and torilla is added
Served: Cut the quesadilla in suitable triangles. Sprinkle over more herbs if you wish. Server immediately while hot.
Allergy: Use gluten-free tortillas for a gluten-free variant. Lactose free. If you use corn or other gluten-free tortillas, the dish has a low FODMAP content.