This is a healthy, but also filling soup.
Cauliflower and leek soup
Cauliflower and leek soup is a relatively quick soup to make. You hardly use more than approx. 30-40 minutes. Cauliflower is often also called the white queen of vegetables. Cauliflower contains little fat and calories, but contains a lot of protein, fibres and vitamin C. There are many reasons to eat more cauliflower. It has several health benefits, it contains several antioxidants, which among other things can prevent several types of cancer. Cauliflower is also claimed to have blood pressure regulating properties, thus healthy for the heart. You can read more about the health benefits of cauliflower in the link at the bottom of the recipe. It is therefore a healthy, but also filling soup. This is a soup you can serve both in everyday life and in social gatherings. The recipe gives soup as a main course for approx. 4 people.
2 small cauliflower approx. 650-700 g
5 dl chicken stock (can be replaced with weak bouillon)
5 dl water
3 dl single cream
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Then cut up the leek. Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Have everything over in a suitable the pot and add stock and water. Bring to the boil and simmer until everything is cooked through.
- Set aside some pretty cauliflower pieces.
- Put everything in a blender, and run everything until you get a smooth soup.
- Pour everything back in the pot, add cream. Bring to the boil and season with the spices.
Cauliflower and leek soup served: The set aside cauliflower, good bread, if to your liking sprinkle over olive oil. If you prefer decorate with a little crispy ham or something similar.
Allergy: Gluten free. Lactose-free if you use lactose-free cream. High content of FODMAP
Read more about the health benefits of cauliflower: Cauliflower benefits
Nutmeg is an aromatic spice with several properties besides giving flavour to cauliflower and leek soup in this recipe. Read more here: Nutmeg