Bread basic recipe
This is a basic bread recipe. Essentially, there are some basic principles, and some ratios on ingredients. If you always follow the relationship between flour and liquid, you will succeed no matter what. As well as the baking temperature, and that you use the hot air fan function on the oven. This gives a more even heat around the whole loaf. If you do not have a hot air fan function, you will not fail, but hot air fan gives a slightly better result.
This means that you have a basic bread recipe that you can change in relation to the coarseness of flour and flour types. In the same way, you can use different types of liquid, as long as you stick to the total amount. For example, you can have 1 dl olive oil and 6.5 dl water, as I have done in the bread in the picture. In this bread I also used 1/3 total coarse spelled flour and 2/3 fine spelled flour. It is I.e., a very flexible recipe for making bread, loaf, pizza etc.
1 kg flour (Or a mixture of different flour types)
7.5 dl liquid (water, oil, milk etc.)
10 g dry yeast
2 tsp salt
- Put dry ingredients in a baking bowl. Be sure to have yeast and salt on each side of the flour. Salt can destroy yeast before it is well mixed with liquid and flour.
- Then pour in a lukewarm liquid not exceeding 37 ° C. It is an advantage to use a machine. Use a kneading hook and let the machine run for 8-10 min.
- Then set the baking bowl covered in a warm place. Let the dough rise to approx. double size.
- Grease the loaf tins.
- Place the dough on a good baking surface that you have on oil. I.e., you do not use more flour. It is also a help to have oil on your hands. Knead the dough for a few more minutes. Then divide the dough into two equal pieces. Shape them to fit the moulds, and cover them.
- Put the moulds and dough in a warm place again. Until they have risen again approx. double, or slightly above the edge of the moulds.
Bake: Hot air fan function preheated to 200 ° C. Bake for approx. 30 minutes, depending on the size of the bread moulds. I have taken as my starting point 2 breads in bread forms of the size 25 x 10 cm for this timing. Place the freshly baked breads on a cooling rack and place a towel over it. Let them cool completely, before you cut them up or freeze them.
Allergy: This depends on the types of flour and the type of liquid you use
Read comprehensive article on the history of bread and its significance. Bread
Read more about different types of flour. Flour types