Asparagus soup easy and quick to make, at the same time very tasty
This is a favourite asparagus soup. There are many recipes, and you will find even another one here at Coquere. One of the reasons why this is my favourite is that it is easy and quick to make, at the same time very tasty. In addition, there are simple and pure flavours in this asparagus soup. Manly because there are few ingredients, and none of the flavours are lost along the process. Asparagus is often called the gold of vegetables. Maybe because it is expensive compared to the edible part, or maybe because it is full of vitamins and minerals. This recipe give dinner for 2 people, or appetizer for 4 people.
500 g asparagus (green or white)
1 onion small or medium
40 g butter
5 dl thin chicken broth or bouillon
1 dl whipping cream
1 dl single cream
Salt / pepper
- Break off or cut off the lower part of the asparagus. The lower part of the asparagus is stringy and not good. If you break them, they tend to break exactly where they are stringy. White asparagus you need to peel. Cut off the asparagus tops and save them later. Cut the rest of the asparagus into pieces. Finely chop the onion.
- Put butter in a suitably large saucepan and fry the asparagus and onion together. Do this until you see the onion has become shiny and the asparagus begins to soften.
- Pour in the broth and bring to the boil. Let it all simmer until you feel the asparagus is completely soft. Then pour everything into a blender. Run the soup until it is completely smooth.
- Then add the cream and run the soup a little more in the blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the asparagus tops tender in a little lightly salted water, until tender, but still have some firmness.
- Put the soup back in a saucepan and heat up if necessary. You do not need let it come to a boil, just sufficiently warm to serve.
Served: Pour the soup into suitable portion bowl, and put some of the asparagus tops in. Drizzle over a little olive oil, and garnish with herbs. Served with good bread if desired.
Allergy: Gluten free. Lactose-free if you use lactose-free cream. High FODMAP contents.
Read more about the many properties of asparagus: Asparagus