Zucchini boats with filling tastes delicious
Zucchini boats with filling
Zucchini boats with filling tastes delicious are low on calories, and easy to make. This is a great alternative to pizza, because in reality you have replaced pizza crust with zucchini boats. Hence, this is also a dish with low-carbohydrate containing. Zucchini boats tastes juicy and are decorative. Calculate 1-2 zucchini boats per person. Recipe for four people.
450 g of ground beef, minced or the like
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 onion (small)
2 dl chopped mushrooms
2 dl tomato based pasta sauce bought or homemade
0.5 dl water
Oil for frying
8 tablespoons good cheese with flavour (Gruyère, Comte, Jarlsberg, Greve or like)
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
Fresh basil (optional)
- Start by cleaning the onion. Cut onions and mushrooms into fine pieces.
- Add neutral oil in a frying pan. Fry the ground beef, onions and mushrooms about 5-6 minutes on medium heat in a frying pan, until well done. You should fry in batches so that the ground beef does not start to cook instead of being fried.
- Add the spices, water and pasta sauce. Stir well and simmer for a few minutes.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise so they get boat-shaped.
- Use a spoon or similar and scrape out a part of the core so you get a cavity. You must scrape out so much that you can fit an appropriate amount of filling.
- Fill the minced meat mixture evenly into the zucchinis.
- Sprinkle over approximately a tablespoon of good cheese, and about ½ tablespoon Parmesan on each zucchini boat. Put the zucchini boat on a greased ovenproof dish, or a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Baked: In the middle of the oven at 200 ˚C, for 16-20 minutes until the zucchini is soft and baked through.
Served: Warm and with good bread. If desired, sprinkle over some chopped fresh basil
Allergy: Gluten- and lactose free. There is so small amount of lactose in ripened cheese, so the dish is lactose free. High FODMAP due to onions and mushrooms. Remove onion, mushrooms, and you will get low FODMAP content.