Mini caramel apple pie is a nice treat
Mini caramel apple pie
Mini caramel apple pie is a splendid dessert to serve guests. This is also a nice treat when you just want to indulge yourself. Mini caramel apple pie is decorative and you can prepare quite a few in advance. The dessert is also easy and quick to prepare. These small pies are just divine and proper comfort food. Especially when served warm with cold ice cream. The recipe makes for six portions.
2 apples little solid (Granny Smith or similar)
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
1-2 tablespoons cold butter
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons caramel sauce (purchased or homemade toffee sauce: see separate recipe: Toffee sauce )
1 dl oatmeal
1 dl almond flour, spelt flour or wheat flour
3 tablespoons sugar (plain white)
3 tablespoons demerara sugar
50 g of cold butter
- Start with crumble dough. Put all ingredients in a bowl except the butter. Mix well. Cut the butter in slightly smaller cubes. Use your hands and crumble the butter into the dry mixture. Leave in a cool place such as the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Peel the apples and remove the cores. Slice apples into cubes.
- Have everything in a bowl and add the demerara sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Then add the caramel sauce and mix again.
- Lubricate six small Ramekin or similar forms with butter.
- Add approximately ¼ of apple mixture into each mould, and put one lump of butter equivalent to one-teaspoon butter on top. Spread the crumble over.
Baked: In preheated oven at 175 ˚C for 30-35 minutes. The last five minutes, increase the temperature of the oven to 200 ˚C.
Served: Warm with vanilla ice cream and possibly some more caramel sauce
Allergy: If you use almond flour, the mini caramel apple pie is gluten-free. Lactose depending on the caramel sauce. High on FODMAP because of the apples.