Macaroni with minced meat tastes great
Macaroni with minced meat
Macaroni with minced meat is a simple dish with a lot of flavour. It is cheap, saturate many and it is a quick dinner. This is, inter alia, a perfect everyday dinner. It can also be frozen, but stays well for a few days in the fridge. Leftovers are also suitable for lunch. The recipe – dinner for approx. 4 persons.
400 g of minced meat
2 tablespoons butter
8 dl macaroni
1 clove of garlic
0.5 tsp pepper
½ – 1 tsp grinded dried chilli
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour plain or spelt
5 dl milk
150-200 g grated cheese (The ripe ones give better taste, e.g. Gruyère)
Finely chopped chives
- Cook macaroni as instructed on the package.
- Fry the minced meat in butter or oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili.
- Finely chop the onions, and fry them with the minced meat.
- When the minced meat is done, put in the onions, and fry for additional two-three minutes. Until the onion are translucent.
- This is a standard white sauce or bechamelsaus. Start by melting the butter.
- Use a whisk and stir in the flour until you get a lump-free mixture.
- Dilute with the milk whilst whipping.
- Add the oregano. (Dried oregano gives better taste when you put it in at an early stage).
- Bring the sauce to a boil, and let is simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the white sauce with the cooked macaroni and the minced meat.
- Pour it all into a refractory mould.
- Sprinkle evenly over with cheese.
Bake; 200˚C lower groove for approx. 15 min
Served: Sprinkle over with finely chopped chives. Then immediately, preferably with a small salad.
Allergy: Neither gluten- or lactose-free. For a gluten-free option substitute with gluten-free macaroni and use gluten-free flour for the white sauce. Similarly easy to make lactose free by using lactose-free milk. High FODMAP is due to macaroni, milk and onions. If you are using gluten-free macaroni, lactose-free milk and spelled flour as well as skip the onions you will get a low FODMAP. You can add onion flavour by using a little dried ramson onion in the sauce, and use the green part of spring onion.