Cheese soup – the perfect everyday soup
Cheese Soup is the perfect everyday soup. It is quick and uncomplicated to make. This is dinner ready in 30 minutes. If you love macaroni gratin this is the equivalent in the world of soups. Lovely on a cold autumn or winter day. Guaranteed favourites for both young and old. Here dinner for four people.
4 dl macaroni
50 g butter
0.5 dl flour (spelt, wheat flour or gluten free flour)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (sweet type, may be omitted if desired)
10 ml chicken broth or bullion
5 dl single cream 10% fat
350-450 g precooked ham or chicken (cut into small cubes)
5 dl grated cheese good
You can if desired add peas and other spices
- Start by cooking the macaroni as directed on package. Boil them slightly shorter than directed so that they are al dente, meaning that they have some chew resistance. Put the cooked macaroni in a small bowl, and pour over some neutral oil. Mix well so they does not stick together.
- Use an appropriate large soup casserole. Add the butter and melt it over medium heat. Then add the flour and mustard. Whisk until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour in small amount at a time with chicken broth; while constantly whisking to avoid lumps. Finally add the single cream. Turn up the heat slightly, and stir constantly until the soup begins to boil.
- Decrease heat and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese dissolves.
- Pour in the macaroni and ham or chicken.
- Reheat the soup until it is sufficiently hot, but not boiling.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Served: Immediately when it is finished. If you want with salad and bread
Allergy: Not gluten-free. Easy made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and gluten-free macaroni. Made lactose-free if you use lactose-free single cream. High on FODMAP if you do not also make it both gluten and lactose. NB! Peas have a high content of FODMAP if you use them as an alternative additive.